It's been months since the last time I wrote.... I honestly have expected, that this kind of absence would come once in a while. You know, because I can't write when I'm not feeling to write. I need the mood. So, as I've already said many times before, when there isn't new post for quite a time, it doesn't mean nothing good happen to me. Good things always happen and sometimes I choose to say a silent thank you in my heart, rather than write it on a blog. :)
So, what happened with my bicycle? Oh, I bought a bicycle, by the way. :P It's used but still works perfectly. And it's cheap, of course. Hahahaha :D
This following incident occured to me like a month ago.
It was the last weekend before the new semester began. It was Saturday and I had this urge to eat bubur kacang hijau (is it green beans porridge in english? Help!). I decided to go to the Asianmarkt and bought all the ingredients. FYI, the most compatible Asianmarkt I know in Lübeck is reached by about 20 minutes bus ride. So, although I have a bike, I chose to get on the bus, rather than to die from lacking of oxygen on a bike (2 years without a proper workout, I truly believe it is deadly to ride a bike that far).
So, I rode my bike to the nearest bus stop (I just bought a bike! Please excuse me for being tacky), locked it and waited for the bus. Then few minutes later I got on the bus, went to the Asianmarkt, got everything I need, paid for it, waited for the bus to go home, got on the bus again, and went home.
As I got off the bus and crossed the street, I took out my keys and started to unlock my bike.
It stucked.
The key wouldn't go fully in the keyhole and it could not be turned. Panic attack was on its way! I tried to unlock it again and again and again, it hurt my hands. "To cut the lock" was the only way I could come up with at that point. I then decided to call one of my friend to ask whether he has something to cut the steel cord. He didn't have it. -_- He suggested me to go home and ask some tools from the dormitory. So I did go home but there was no one I could ask for a help. Desperate, I went up to my room, unloaded the shopping bag first, and then went down again with the biggest scissors I have and a bottle of cooking oil.
I was back with my locked bicycle and began to cut the steel with a scissors. Now if I think about it again, it was so stupid, trying to cut a steel cord with a scissors, no matter how big the scissors was (on my defense, I was desperate :P). Of course, it didn't work (duh!).
I don't know how or why I brought the cooking oil but I did and as the last effort (after I acknowledged, that the cut-the-steel-with-a-scissors-thing is absolutely impossible to do), I poured some of the cooking oil into the keyhole.
As if I could hear the oil flowing through the metal maze inside the keyhole, I waited for a few seconds then tried to unlock it again for the god-knows-times.
And it worked! :'))))
I could turn the key as easily as if it was never stucked before and unlock the bike.
You know that hiperbolic scene in movies, where a lot of birds flied over a plaza as a man ran freely with open arms and the "Hallelujah" song was playing on the background. The man then would stop running at the exact center of the plaza, still opened his arms widely. He'd close his eyes and turn his body in a 360 degrees circle a few times.
That was how I felt when I heard thak "click" sound of an opened lock. HALLELUJAH!
Still grinning, I rode my bike back with a light heart. I still use the same lock today.
Thanks God, I could unlock my "new" bike (still tacky, hehehe)! :)))))
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen